- Age / Gender:
- 16, Unspecified
- All Stats >
- Community Stats
Level 27 Programmer
Ranked as General
(ASBoxer's still just a working title, so any suggestions are welcome!)
Pulled from the wiki of the (private) project:
What is ASBoxer? ASBoxer is a tool that is primarily used to create hitboxes and hurtboxes for spritesheets, much akin to those in fighting games and other similar games. The program outputs either an XML or a JSON file depending on your choice, and they contain the positions (x and y) and properties (width, height, box type, "layers" and user-specified "tags") of the boxes, each of which can be parsed automatically to make hitbox creation much easier on the programmer / artist / whomever concerned.
- Creating boxes for a particular image - Note that it's "boxes" for an "image"; you can create your own box types (there are two by default, hitboxes and hurtboxes) and use animated GIF files, too!
- Dockable Panels that can be split up into their own windows, sorta like GIMP + Flash
- Exporting box data to XML or JSON
- Converting spritesheets into GIF files, and vice versa (png ↔ jpg ↔ jxr)
- Previewing animations in application
- Motion tracking (planned)
- Clipboard support
- Pie Menu support
- Plugin (shader) support - Can apply effects to spritesheet
- Timeline support - kinda like Flash, with layers and frames. Frames are made by splitting a spritesheet or GIF into frame rectangles or its original frames, respectively.
- Native menus (top-bar, etc.)
There's obviously more of this in detail, which is covered in my previous post. Screenshots soon to follow! I promise the wait will be worth it.
Recent Game Medals
Total Medals Earned: 2,340 (From 448 different games.)