- Age / Gender:
- 16, Unspecified
- All Stats >
- Community Stats
Level 27 Programmer
Ranked as General
So for a few days I've been working on a little hitboxing tool after I saw a post in the flash forum by @PsychoZombii requesting any hitboxing tools. There weren't many apart from Hitboxer, and I saw it as a challenge.
What is a "hitboxing tool"?
- It's basically an application that allows you to draw hitboxes on any spritesheets that you import, and exports the resulting hitboxes in some file. The one I'm working on has the option of exporting it to XML.
That's really basically it. Sounds simple and yes it is.
Features so far:
- Import spritesheets and split them up into rectangles (frames)
- Add/remove hitboxes
- Export to XML
- Preview animation and step through frames
- Some sort of a user interface
- Scroll wheel zoom
- New! Better XML support
- And some other trivial features
- Refactoring (really really crappy and tightly coupled code right now)
- Ability to add different types of boxes, or add "tags" to boxes to differentiate them
- Resize the boxes after drawing them (seems strange to be able to add and remove them but not resize them)
- Upload many images instead of a large spritesheet
- Native menus rather than a custom UI
- Negative framerates / backwards playback
- New! A pie menu (kinda like the one reminiscent in Autodesk Maya or so, idk)
- New! Autoboxing: Where you select a spritesheet and it automatically creates boxes based on the shape of the character
- New! Select individual rectangles instead of many rectangles of the same size (frame rects)
And after I've completed most features I guess I might put up the project on Github if I feel like it. Suggest any other features you'd like to see!
Main screen on 10/26/2014:
(image squashed to show lack of fluid layout in the application)
Main screen on 10/27/2014:
(image squashed again, but this time there's a fluid layout -- the sidebar doesn't shrink)
Editing screenshot as of 10/29/2014: (I didn't show the main screen since the panel on the right was removed; it was supposed to appear only while editing, so this is more of the actual application. Lookin' good if I may say so myself)
(fluid layout and checker backgrounds -- the trollface image was the quickest transparent image I could load, hah. The button marked "label" was supposed to be the button marked "apply changes", but I'll change that later.)
Development's sorta stalled right now since I have some important (read: tough) exams in the next few days, but I'll get onto it when I can!
Currently I'm working on: #2, box tags and names.
Recent Game Medals
Total Medals Earned: 2,340 (From 448 different games.)